Things you can learn from a panda bear.
I was at the National Zoological Park in Washington D.C. today. I saw a great example of a panda bear being present in the moment. I was at the panda bear exhibit and was watching Bao Bao, one of the panda bears, eating his bamboo. Despite being surrounded by about a hundred onlookers, Bao Bao was totally absorbed in eating bamboo. Bao Bao was not worried about what his observers were thinking. Bao Bao was not self conscious. Bao Bao was just focused on eating. There were no other thoughts present in Bao Bao’s mind.
Here are the things that I learned from Bao Bao’s actions today that I think all of us should incorporate into our daily lives:
- Focusing on one thing at a time
- Enjoying the experience fully
- Being in a state of peacefulness
- Letting others experience our magnificence
- Bringing joy and excitement to those around us